Amazon and National Security
From BigTechWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- The cloud services space was dominated by Amazon, who had billions of dollars worth of contracts with federal defense agencies like the Department of Defense.
- Amazon held nearly 34% of the worldwide cloud computer market.
- Amazon was the dominant cloud provider for federal agencies, the Department of Defense, and the intelligence community.
- The NSA awarded Amazon a secret cloud computing contract worth up to $10 billion. Even the CIA used Amazon’s cloud services.
- The contracts Amazon had secured with the government were a factor in why the company had increased investment in cloud services.