Consumer Technology Association (CTA)
From BigTechWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Consumer Technology Association (CTA) Counted All Four Big Tech companies – Amazon, Facebook (Meta), Apple, And Alphabet (Google) As Members.
- CTA spent $10,370,000 on federal lobbying in 2019 – 2020 alone.
- CTA fought Right to Repair laws that were under consideration in 25 state legislatures. Right to Repair proposals required tech manufacturers to provide independent repair shops access to parts and schematics to fix devices like computers and phones.
- CTA argued such policies threatened brands' reputation; poorly done repairs by unauthorized dealers or substandard parts would damage the public's perception of product quality.
- [Senate Lobbying Disclosure, Accessed April 9, 2021]