Information Technology And Innovation Foundation (ITIF)
From BigTechWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- ITIF is a Big Tech funded think tank that often reflects the industry’s viewpoints. Its website says it received funding in excess of $5,000 in the most recent fiscal year from Amazon, Apple, Google, and Facebook.
- ITIF opposed Lina Khan’s confirmation to be FTC chair and Jonathan Kanter’s confirmation to lead DOJ’s antitrust division.
- ITIF opposed the bipartisan Senate bill cracking down on self-preferencing and issued a report saying the practice was actually good for competition and consumers.
- ITIF opposed President Biden’s executive order on competition because it said competition in the US tech industry was already robust.
- ITIF opposed lawmaker efforts to target the app store practices of Big Tech, said something that wasn’t broke didn’t need fixing.
- ITIF opposed changes to section 230, said the algorithms used by Big Tech should not be blamed for the spreading of harmful content.
- Law 360, 6/15/21
- Communications Daily, 10/15/21
- International Business Times, 6/20/21
- ITIF Press Release, 10/18/21